Chyavanaprasam is used for the treatment of many diseases by improving the body defense mechanism to fight against external stimuli, cough and asthma etc. It is a proprietary Ayurvedic medicine, manufactured by Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakkal.
Chyavanaprasam is a well-known rasayanam. Rasayanam means the means to purify and develop the seven constituent tissues of the body. Its main function is to improve digestion and respiration which are the sources of metabolism. It is mainly composed by the richest in vitamin C fruit- Amalaki (Embelica officinale).
Uses of Chyavanaprasam:
- Eases constipation.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves memorization and concentration.
- Calms the nervous system.
- Slow down the effects of aging process.
- Enhances fertility and keeps menstruation regular.
- Purifies the blood, eliminates toxins and is beneficial to liver.
- Improves complexion and fights against bacterial skin infection.
- Acts as an antidepressant and tranquilizer for persons suffering from depression.
- Promotes absorption of calcium, leading to stronger bones and teeth.
- Improves muscle tone by enhancing protein synthesis.
- Deeply recommended for the children and old persons.
- Its regular consumption will protect you from the diseases of the respiratory system and will reinforce your organism in its globality by balancing the 3 doshas.
Direction for use of Chyavanaprasam:
- Adults- 10-15 gm, twice daily followed with hot milk.
- Children- 5-10 gm, followed with hot milk OR Contact Dr.Janci Liby @ 027 800 2390
Kottakkal Ayurveda NZ
72 Norton Road